Monday, November 1, 2010

And boy are my arms tired...Nov 1 verse (#21)

We flew home from Spokane, WA last night after a whirlwind weekend.  Jack and I left bright and early Friday morning after dropping the boys off at my sister's house the night before.  She was the trooper who was willing to add my three boys to her four for a grand total (for those of you who are math challenged) of seven very excited, testosterone-filled bodies.

And why Spokane, you may be wondering?  A old friend and roommate was getting married.  That's always a fun reason for a trip, right?  Although I was born in Seattle, we moved to Texas when I was two and I'd never been to NE Washington before. It was beautiful in spite of being overcast and a little rainy.  The weather was cold, which was a nice change from the warmth of the last couple of weeks.  (Yes, I know in my last post I commented on the lovely weather, but it was short lived.  Hopefully it will return as too much heat can make one cranky.  I'm not naming any names though.)  And they actually have fall color up there, unlike South Texas where the trees are green until one day all the leaves fall off.


Mary Powers Cole, me and Jack














It was a charming, small country wedding (and when I say country, I mean - seriously - out in the country) and the reception was at a darling 100-year-old farmhouse that a couple bought and turned into a restaurant.  If you ever find yourself in Colville, WA, you must go to Lovitt.

But let me tell you what else happened!  As we were getting on the plane Friday morning, Jack, who was just ahead of me getting on the plane, turned around and said, "I think Beth Moore is in first class."  And sure enough, she was.  She was headed to Spokane for a Living Proof Live event.  (I had noticed on her website weeks before that she had an event there, and the random "wouldn't that be cool if I ran into Beth Moore in Spokane" thought ran through my mind and out the other side, but I didn't seriously think I would....)  I leaned over and said "hey" to her as I passed by and we chatted for a very brief moment.  I told her I was a Houston siesta who happened to be going to a wedding that weekend.  I couldn't believe how nervous I was!

As we landed, Jack was urging me to rush off the plane to get a picture with her, but I was too intimidated.  Plus, she was in the front of the plane and we were practically sitting in the rear lavatory, so she got a pretty good head start.  We made it off the plane and naturally headed to the first place everyone goes when they get off a plane - the ladies' room.  Yet who did I see as I exited the stall and we both headed for the sinks?  Yep, you guessed it.

I, of course, was calm, cool, and collected.  My normal witty, sophisticated self.

Or not.

Y'all, I was a mess.  She was so nice and friendly.  Among other barely lucid ramblings, I told her my husband was hounding me about trying to get a picture with her and she was very accommodating.


Take 1 - See, what'd I tell you?  Sophisticated, I am....



Take 2 - Me and my BFF, Beth

























She hugged me and we parted ways.  Until we ran into her again coming out of Starbucks, where I'm sure I said something clever and humorous like, "duh...coffee..."  We walked together to the baggage claim, she hugged me again and we went off to get our rental car, lest she begin to think I was stalking her.  I have to tell you, it was the coolest thing.  I told her I was doing my verses this year.  She is too, so we are in good company, y'all.

And so, at that, I'll post my next verse:
Psalm 30:4-5 NIV, "Sing to the LORD, you saints of His; praise His holy name.  For His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."

We had so much favor this weekend...from getting seats together on our connecting flight, to getting on the earlier flight coming home, and yes, even meeting Beth Moore.

And now my weekend reminiscenses must cease.  My youngest just came in and reported, in case it wasn't obvious to the naked eye, that he cut his hair.

5 comments:

  1. That is hilarious, and I am so jazzed about your meeting Beth Moore. You are so precious.

    Here you go from my brand new King Jimmy replaced as I have lost my lifelong friend somewhere on life's path:

    Isaiah 25:8,9 O Lord, have we waited for Thee, the desire of my soul is to Thy name, and to the remembrance of Thee. With my soul have I desired Thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek Thee early....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 139:21 "Do I not hate those who hate You, O Lord, and abhor those who rise up against you?"

    -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I need to say I am sorry for never visiting your blog. I never realized that you had a blog. Even when people said "Did you see Andi's blog?" It never occured to me that you had a blog. Sorry :( Now that's out of the way. WOW! you look so pretty in all three photos. Well maybe not the one with your hand over your face, but your hand looks really nice.

    Great blog, you are now on my must visit this site again list.

    Glad you're back and that the trip was so cool.
    H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, I just found and read this. Your pictures are so cute - I don't think I've EVER seen you look so nervous. Who doesn't think the world of Beth Moore?? I just heard her speak at an all day conference in Chicago during October. So annointed!! Love you - it was SO good seeing you and Jack for our wedding. Brian especially enjoyed meeting you guys and very much enjoyed talking to Jack at the rehearsal dinner. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I've been working on a verse and never got around to posting.

    Hebrews 1:8

    But of the son He says, your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom.

    ReplyDelete